Monday, August 10, 2015

Hellooo

Hi,

I know it has been a long time since the last time I wrote something, I am sorry, I have been quite busy. Here are some news.

I participate in a contest and I won!! yehhh! Well, there are 15 winners but still. It was an AMACO contest, if you work with clay and ceramics, you probably know it. They make paints, glazes, wheels, etc. It is quite big company. I use its underglazes in my work.

Here is the winner piece. It is a set of ice-cream bowls decorated with Hummingbirds and Hibiscus.


Also, I have been making cups like crazy, for different shows, some have said NO thank you, but there is one that said YES. That makes me super happy.

I also decided that I need to buy a wheel, if I want to make more things to sell, send to shows or galleries, I need to make things faster, therefore I need my own wheel. I have been doing some math and I figure it out that I need to make 25 cups and sell them in order to have money for the wheel.
I know that maybe I can find something cheaper on craigslist, but I want the same type of wheel that I use in the studio, plus I want one new. Usually those cheap wheels have a lot of problems.

I have been working a lot in the garden too, I wanted to take photos to share them to you, but after the incredible 20 something days of rain here, my garden looks awful. Now it is sunny again, so I hope soon I can go out again and take care of it.

That's all, I will let you know when I finish my 25 cups and I am ready to sell. I will take me a while. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment