Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas/ Feliz Navidad/ Frohe Weichnachten


 HO, HO, HO....

Its an unusual cool day for Florida, very sunny but cold, but perhaps if you live in the northern states you would find it pleasant. It is quite interesting how memories from our childhood, and what we experience when we are growing up mark what is normal in our lives. For me, a girl born and raised in Lima, Peru, sunny means hot, because around this time of year is when summer begins in Lima, and when Lima is warming up it also clears up, clouds slowly retrieve and even when a full blue sky will not be seen the shine and the light make us smile. This phenomenon occurs perhaps only in Lima; however it has been impregnated in my mind and soul and even after so many years living abroad, every time that I wake up and see clear shiny sunny day I think its warm outside. Takes me couple of seconds to realize that it may not be warm at all.

In Florida we are experience a cold front, so even when it may look like a Christmas in Lima it will feel different.  We Peruvians have weird traditions like drinking hot chocolate/cocoa when is 28-30 C outside (!!) I guess drinking hot chocolate will be better in this kind of weather :D


I think I should hurry up, there are many things that I need to do before Christmas... if I don't see you later let me wish you and everybody out there a wonderful Christmas time: may you find Peace, Love and Happiness. Remember what the fox said to the little Prince:

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”

 It's time to sing happy songs!!







No comments:

Post a Comment