Friday, July 6, 2012

Tick, tick, tick, tick..

Tick, tick, tick, tick was the noise I heard when I went to throw away the garbage. But from where did that noise come? Tick, tick, tick, tick and silence, and then again, tick, tick, tick, tick. There are so many unidentified noises outside in the garden, I just had figure it out a few others, like the quirk, quirk, quirk, quirk . . . , I recently discovered are from some frogs, or are they toads? living in the little mailbox and close to the plant pots. I always thought the frogs said, "cucu," like the children's song: "Cucu, cantaba la rana, cucu, debajo del agua . . ." or maybe, the frogs/toads really speak English here in Tampa Bay, Florida.

But I am digressing from my story, back to the tick, tick, tick, tick. I just had to open my eyes and lift my head to find out the one making that noise was a Red-bellied Woodpecker. It was not exactly as the only woodpecker I have known, Woody Woodpecker from the Warner Brothers, but it is really beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment