Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Playing with the slip trailing tool. Part. 2

I find myself playing with the slip trailing tool again, this time I tried a more complicated design, henna/Hindi designs... I just love those patters of flowers and vines and also a sort of old hand made doily. Well, it is not exactly what I had in mind but its getting closer. I think I will need to go to Highwater Clay Company again and buy more tips!!!

Again, I made two little bowls and I will take them to the studio tomorrow. I get always nervous every time I put new things in the kiln. I should repite to myself, "it's just clay, it's just clay" like Kathy, my teacher always said.








 If you are interested you can see the first attempt to play with the slip trailing tool here:






No comments:

Post a Comment